... but here it is anyway.
After I had seen the #SixFanarts challenge floating around social media for a while, I decided to give it a go myself. It sounded like good fun and a great little project for the long Easter weekend. So I made an Instagram post asking for suggestions and got plenty of excellent characters to chose from... which is where my troubles began.
How would I chose just six characters from the oodles of ideas and requests I had received?
This is where my wonderful wife came into play. We made a deal that she would chose (or at least help to chose) the final six. In the end, she kind of managed to make me chose myself without me even realising it and thus, I suddenly had my six characters.
Having overcome the first hurdle (it was quite the drama, I assure you) I started sketching. The idea was to do some rough and dirty drawings with just as rough and dirty colours. I was hoping to have all this wrapped up by end of the weekend. Right from the start, though, my perfectionism started to rear its head and the sketches became ever more detailed. This also carried over to the ink drawings (which you can see below) and got even worse once I got to the colours. So much for a quick project. In the end I spent almost a week on them... and then it took me another week to get to this here blog entry.